I started noticing how (some) folks love approaching you with their problems, asking for help or advice…
…and when you provide them with a workable solution for their situation, they simply ignore it and move on approaching further people with the same scenario.
As if they were never interested in the solution. Instead, they seem to be interested in having a problem. And what’s more – they seem to be looking for compassion, for someone who’s willing to listen to them whining.
And also looking for confirmation that their situation is really, really hard AF and that there is no way out, whatever they do (only they never actually do anything to change their situation).
I’m not claiming that the solution I’m able to offer is THE solution and that it is the only right way to go. But, hey – if you have a problem… say you’re behing a steering wheel in a car, heading straight towards a concrete wall at full speed and screaming for help. Man, doing just about anything is for sure better than sitting there and asking for compassion. Step on the brake bloody mofo, turn left, turn right, jump out of the car, do whatever… because the next moment – you’ll crash into that concrete wall…
So, next time someone you trust gives you a solid advice, you might as well at least have a deeper look at it. Unless, of course, you prefer being a poor SOB, hiding behind that victim role, continually looking for compassion.
At the end, you know how they say: don’t tell your problems to people – 80% don’t care and the other 20% are glad you have them…
Boah. So much negativity and rant in this blog post. Haha. Let me see if we can turn this around with this short anecdote by the late Zig Ziglar:
Son comes home and says: ”Dad, I flunked my arithmetic test today.”
Dad says: “Son, there’s too much negativity in what you’re saying. I told you to be positive about things.”
His son then replied: “Okay dad, I’m positive I flunked that arithmetic test.”